[Campus-davis-staff] [MENTORS] planning for Saturday

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:12:55 UTC 2014

Welcome, new mentors, to the list!  And hello again to everyone else.

I've created a document in the google drive folder to help us plan for what
specifically will happen on Saturday.  The schedule is slightly different
from what we've got on the website (I'll edit the website shortly).

In order to slot mentors into specific responsibilities, I need you all to
answer:

~ Will you be available the whole day?  If not, what times will you be
available?

~ Are you comfortable enough with git to lead a small group of students
through an activity teaching basic git skills?

~ Are you now or have you ever been paid to work on open source (this
includes student internships in addition to part-time or full-time jobs or
fellowships)?  If yes, would you be up for being on the career panel?

~ Do you have an open source project that you maintain or are otherwise
comfortable enough to lead contributions to?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!

best
Shauna