[Campus-columbia-staff] planning an event for next semester

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 20:12:47 UTC 2013

Hi Dina,

No worries - I hope your internship went well, and that your trip back to
the east coast (whenever you do it) is safe and stress-free.

re: turnout, we usually aim for 25-35 attendees.  If you'd like to
collaborate with other groups/schools, then great!  We love collaboration.
 One of our main goals, though, is to reach out to women - to that end,
we're most enthusiastic about collaborations with women-in-CS/STEM type
groups and with women's colleges.  For instance, we have contacts at
Barnard and would love to be able to invite them to this event.  This
doesn't mean we can't collaborate with other groups, just that we'd like to
prioritize making sure women who want to attend can attend.

When do you think we could get a definite time & space nailed down?  And
what did you think of Oct 12/13th as a potential weekend?

- Shauna