[Campus-columbia-staff] planning an event for next semester

Dina Lamdany dinalamdany at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 19:58:00 UTC 2013

Hey Shauna,

Sorry for the super slow response time--I've been finishing up an
internship in San Francisco this week, and the past week has been crazy.
Kathy has graduated, so he's no longer a good point-person, but I am.

WICS would be interested in this event, but given the nature of the event
(a pretty big time commitment for attendees) we think it would be best to
collaborate on this event with some other CS groups on campus to get a
bigger turnout. WICS would definitely advertise the event to our list-serv,
however.

I'm also a board member of the Application Development Initiative, which
will have an easier time booking a space, and which would be happy to
collaborate on this event. We'd also potentially be interested in reaching
out to a tech group at NYU and collaborating with them. What do you think?

Thanks!

Dina