[WFS-India] ideas for next events

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 17:19:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Satabdi Das <satabdidas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Our group doesn't support such activities. The rules drafted by you which
> apply on this group now do not support it. And you still haven't answered my
> question. Why share an article which might be deemed illegal given the
> stringent Indian IT Act. Why break the rules of a group which you yourself
> had set in the first place. And finally why should we have an admin who
> breaks her own rules.

0. The rules were not to be imposed strictly as per our agreement. So
many mails have been in violation of those rules

1. The book is legal. So there is no violation even as per Indian
laws. There are innumerable reports on Anonymous in the media.

2. Blocking of "Anonymous twitter handle" by Indian Govt is a
violation of freedom of speech. "Anonymous twitter handle" is not
"Anonymous". So there is no violation of any law.

But yes that mailing list rule should be written in clearer terms.
"Illegal" with respect to whom? The original rules were from
ilug-delhi.

Best

A. Mani

--