[WFS-India] ideas for next events

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 17:07:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM, A. Mani <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Satabdi Das <satabdidas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This book (at least in the beginning) seems to be like a manifesto of
>> Anonymous - the hacker group which is declared illegal in India. Lets not
>> circulate such materials which might be deemed to be illegal. And we as a
>> group definitely do no support any activity which is deemed to be illegal by
>> the laws of the land in this group.
>

> Anonymous is not a well defined entity.

Time Magazine's The World's 100 Most Influential People: 2012 includes
Anonymous.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2111975_2111976_2112122,00.html

They are portrayed as hacktivist. which IMNSHO, is a sheer perversion
of the word "hacker". They are cracktivists (crackers).

"The group became known for a series of well-publicized hacks and
distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks on government, religious,
and corporate websites. [...] Later targets of Anonymous hacktivism
included government agencies of the US, Israel, Tunisia, Uganda, and
others; child pornography sites; copyright protection agencies; the
Westboro Baptist Church; and corporations such as PayPal, MasterCard,
Visa, and Sony. [...] Dozens of people have been arrested for
involvement in Anonymous cyberattacks, in countries including the US,
UK, Australia, the Netherlands, Spain, and Turkey." - Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg