[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 23:21:50 UTC 2013

Hi all

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Kaustav Das Modak
<kaustav at codebinders.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 June 2013 09:31 PM, A. Mani wrote:
<snipped>

> FYI, there is already a clarified set of guidelines drafted at
> https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/9 under Version 1 on that page. That
> was the subject matter of preceeding emails in this thread. Have you seen

I've pondered upon Satabdi's feedback that it is too lengthy and
verbose. And she is right!

So I've further edited the mailing list guidelines. My latest edit is
Rev 51 available as
https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/ep/pad/view/9/0e8BV2sPjX

I've snipped out entire segments out of the previous structure. The
rationale is simple.

1) These are mailing list guidelines, not the group's mission / vision
statement. It should be concise and not expound on the philosophy.

2) The mailing list guidelines are not cast in stone. If we need more
specific definitions we can always add them later. Simplicity is any
day better, at least to start with. Let things grow and change with
the progress of WFS-India.

3) The segments about Illegal Activity, No stalking, Bigotry are at
present irrelevant - this is a m/l targeted at and managed primarily
by women, i do not see any overwhelming scope for these clauses at
present.

cheers
-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg