[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 02:15:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've snipped out entire segments out of the previous structure. The
> rationale is simple.
>
> 1) These are mailing list guidelines, not the group's mission / vision
> statement. It should be concise and not expound on the philosophy.

Women's issues will be part of discussions.
They are not independent of technology and technology adoption.
So making it a FOSS mailing list guideline is not all right and then
the guidelines will be meaningless.

And guidelines should in fact stress on these aspects.
So the previous version should be used with minor modifications.

> 3) The segments about Illegal Activity, No stalking, Bigotry are at
> present irrelevant - this is a m/l targeted at and managed primarily
> by women, i do not see any overwhelming scope for these clauses at
> present.

No, keep all these. Guidelines should be clear on problems like these.
Govts can close down our site on the basis of flimsy excuses.

Ideally guidelines should have more examples. In the previous version
there is one example only.

We abandoned the goal of having a Simple + Detailed guideline, and
your edited version 51 lacks simplicity and misses out on too much.

So the previous version should be expanded a bit and would be ideal .

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani