[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Kaustav Das Modak kaustav at codebinders.com
Thu Jun 20 17:45:10 UTC 2013

On Thursday 20 June 2013 09:31 PM, A. Mani wrote:
> The 3 rules are not sufficient esp when newbies move higher up and can
> easily lead to flames.
> It is important that newbies listen to Mods.
> I will draft it soon.

FYI, there is already a clarified set of guidelines drafted at
https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/9 under Version 1 on that page.
That was the subject matter of preceeding emails in this thread. Have
you seen the edits or are you suggesting they don't meet the standards.
If they don't, please reason why.

> Full set of rules will be for experienced users and newbies will be
> encouraged to understand and possibly follow them

We have already discussed that. However, please understand that we are
trying to avoid imposing those rules.

Implementing rules strongly even when they are meant for freedom == Imposing

> "preaching and teaching " are too vague and I want to drop them.
> Derogatory words and teaching do not go into the same category.
>
> Newbies may interpret this as "do not exchange any helpful information"
>
> Howtos may not be shared.
>
> Use of language should have clarity.

The language has been clarified already. You do not seem to have seen
the changes at all.

Best.

--
Kaustav Das Modak,