[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 16:01:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Debamitro Chakraborti
<debamitro at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think 3 rules out of the page are enough:

The 3 rules are not sufficient esp when newbies move higher up and can
easily lead to flames.
It is important that newbies listen to Mods.
I will draft it soon.

Full set of rules will be for experienced users and newbies will be
encouraged to understand and possibly follow them

> Be polite. Don't get personal. Don't use unacceptable language. Respect
> other people's freedom of choice of distributions/editors/e-mail
> clients/licenses. No one minds a little sense of humour though.
>
> You may have difference of opinion with what others say. In that case,
> please explain your points and refrain from using derogatory words or
> preaching or teaching.

"preaching and teaching " are too vague and I want to drop them.
Derogatory words and teaching do not go into the same category.

Newbies may interpret this as "do not exchange any helpful information"

Howtos may not be shared.

Use of language should have clarity.

Best

A. Mani