[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 12:44:34 UTC 2013

Ah! sorry for the uncooked mail.

I too never have visited those links and what you wrote scare me. I think
> we should focus on how we can help the newcomers or fence-sitters to come
> to this side of FOSS and start exploring.
>
> 1. where people do not have to think about rules before asking a question
> or for help.
> 2. let this group be lenient with the newcomers. As long as they are
> polite and eager to use/contribute to FOSS. Although, there's no way to
> gauge the latter, but the former can definitely be judged given the

This part was what I was writing when this thread started . But then I got
buried under a pile of work to think or write anything. Hence, I request
all of you to ignore this part! And please consider the rest of my mail.

Satabdi