[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Satabdi Das satabdidas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 12:38:28 UTC 2013

I too never have visited those links and what you wrote scare me. I think
we should focus on how we can help the newcomers or fence-sitters to come
to this side of FOSS and start exploring.

1. where people do not have to think about rules before asking a question
or for help.
2. let this group be lenient with the newcomers. As long as they are polite
and eager to use/contribute to FOSS. Although, there's no way to gauge the
latter, but the former can definitely be judged given the

Have a look at the current scheme of things at
>  https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/ep/pad/view/9/Dyfc9GVqBb (see
> under Version 1)
>
> The new version is much better than the earlier one. I like the way "Basic
Guidelines"  and "Mail Composition Guidelines" explain the guideline before
suggesting them. The last 2 sections, I guess, will come in use when we
have more members in this group.

@all  Do read the draft and see if it is still too techie and newbie
>  unfriendly -
> https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/ep/pad/view/9/Dyfc9GVqBb
>
> It's not techie and newbie-unfriendly, but a bit long! :P

Satabdi