[pydata-outreach-staff] final schedule run up to the pandas workshop/sprint tomorrow...

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:21:30 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

In our final run up to the  pandas workshop/sprint event tomorrow, I
wanted to do a final check-off on our schedule:

Part One: Pre-Event

#0. Volunteers checkin time: I plan to come in between 8:30 and 8:45
am tomorrow. If that is too early for you all, maybe we should keep 9
am as the final check-in time for us. Is that ok with everyone? Chang
has also volunteered to come in early too (Thanks Chang:)). Do we meet
outside, in the building lobby or up on the 8th floor? I didnt want to
list my number on a public list, but am happy to send it off-list.

#1. AV/ Recording: Chang has arranged for SD cards

#2. Coffee/BreakFast: Asheesh-in-charge,

#3. Badges: Katherine is bringing some.

Part TWO: Event

#4. Between 0940-0945 EST : I've asked people who require installation
help to arrive at venue by 0940 hrs, so that we can quickly finish the
registration check (less than a min) and allowing them to finish the
important task of setting up the DevEnv before 1010hrs.
1000-1010 EST : Those that dont require installation help will arrive by 10 AM.

#5. 1010 EST :  I'll introduce Chang and he can kick-start the
workshop. We'd need to keep a coffee break every hour (or atleast one
break every 90 min ?) so that folks can take a breather. I'll finalize
this with Chang tomorrow morning.
1230-1300 EST : Guided group work starts. We'll also need to form
smaller groups that will work together on github issues,
documentation, etc .. This is another pending TBD item with Chang.

#6. 1300 EST: Lunch Break, Asheesh-in-charge. Please co-ordinate with him.

#7. 1345-1500 EST : The Guided group work continues, with a coffee
break in between?

#8. 1500-1715 EST: Sprints. IIRC, Asheesh was preparing a list of bugs
for people to pick up, so we can allocate 5-10 min at the start of the
session to allow people some time to decide. You dont want everyone
working on the same bug, do you? :) and lets not forget moar coffee
breaks....

#9. 1715 EST : Wrap-up, where I want to Thank a million (not really
:)) people for helping me put this together! Thereafter, We'd also
need to figure out what to do with the AV raw footage.

...and a bigger THANKS to you all for volunteering... just being there
and speaking up. Much appreciated :)

That was all I could remember. Feel free to poke me for missing stuff!

See you in am Morgan !!
--
Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com