[pydata-outreach-staff] Lunch -- going out

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:28:32 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was thinking it'd be nice to get out of the Pivotal office during lunch,
> so we have some different scenery around.

That sounds good, and yes, it does depend on the number of folks in attendance.

> I look at the place on Friday, and there's plenty of space for us, assuming
> it's not totally packed, and $10 a person would be quite okay here. If we

"packed" < -- That can be a huge time-sink. The one advantage of a
delivered lunch take-out is that people who are in the "zone" are not
disturbed and can continue to quietly work on whatever they were
doing. Depending on the show of hands, it would be easier to decide
folks actually present there to decide what they prefer. Thoughts.

> have fewer than 30 attendees I can increase that proportionally, anyway.
>
> If we find ourselves totally packed with a full 30 people in attendance,
> then I will change the plan at 10:30 AM and call a pizzeria.

+1.

> The logistical thing about going out is that it would mean that our host at
> Pivotal would probably want to lock the office behind us. Vid, I'll to bring

Agree, this is very important as we dont want people to leave stuff
behind or have things stolen. Make sure to tell people NOT to leave
stuff behind, even if people are in the room as they may just happen
to take a restroom break. You never know...

> that up with the host once I meet him/her tomorrow. If you want to forward
> this to the host (or if the host is on this list), then I'd love to hear
> his/her thoughts.
>
> -- Asheesh.

Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com