[pydata-outreach-staff] Venue visit and/or wifi details

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 01:52:42 UTC 2012

Thanks for going there Asheesh.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> * The person who gave me a tour said it should happily serve 60-70 people. I
> haven't tested how many DHCP leases it gives out, but I believe at ~15-30
> people, we'll do fine.

We should do fine unless everyone starts pulling all the packages to
compile their devEnv :) j/k.

> * It is super easy to drop in and get someone to show me around; props to
> them for being so nice.

Yes, they are SUPER nice. Not too many offices would give space on a
weekend - if you are wondering why, its because that entails an
employee sacrificing their weekend so we can have this event. That is
SUPER nice of them :)

> * The projector is already set up physically, and there is a camera waiting
> there too.

Did you see a mic for the presenter? How was the speaker's voice going
to be recorded? Did you see that? Its ok if you dont have that info,
we can get it from the IT person incharge of the equipment.

> * There is a box of smaller random cords etc. that we can borrow from, as
> needed.

Power cords or do you meant cat-5 cables for wired internet access?

> * There are smaller conference room areas that seat about 8 each, but I
> don't particularly think we'll need to use them.

...Unless people want a quiet working space...?

> * We're not supposed to go into the main office work area, but we are free
> to roam around the event/dining area.

I added this line to the logistics page.

> I'll stay here for a little bit longer, so if people have questions, let me
> know and I can work on getting them answered.

Again, Thanks :)
--
Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com