[pydata-outreach-staff] Laptop setup helpers

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Dec 14 18:19:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> I was wondering who is willing to be there at 9:45am or so and help
> people set up their computers. (9:30am would be even better.)

Psst, hey all, we could really use the help.

I'll personally promise coffee and light pastries to any volunteers who
want to help with laptop setup for people. (I think we can make room in
our PSF grant for it, but if not, I'll cover it or find other
sponsorship.)

Whaddya say? Pretty please? (-:

To prepare to be a laptop setup helper, it's helpful if you read
through the guide here:
https://github.com/svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/laptop-setup

But really it should be OK if you are willing to just listen to people as
they explain weird things going on, and then ask them if they actually
followed the directions, and then notice that mostly the problems come up
from people who didn't follow the directions. (:

-- Asheesh.