[pydata-outreach-staff] Laptop setup helpers

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Dec 12 22:26:16 UTC 2012

Howdy all,

There are quite a few of us here. Super excited to see that!

I was wondering who is willing to be there at 9:45am or so and help people
set up their computers. (9:30am would be even better.)

I'll finish up a draft of the laptop setup instructions tonight, and send
that out here, and once we've confirmed that it works on
Windows+Mac+Linux, then with vid's help, an email will go out to
attendees. For 30 people, it'd be great to have 4-5 people willing to
debug laptop setup problems.

To help with laptop setup, you won't need to be an expert; you just have
to be willing to help people as they ask questions. The answers for what
to do will basically all be there, on the laptop setup guide page. (If you
and the person you're helping both need help, I and other more experienced
people will be able to help, surely.)

Anyone else willing to give people a hand? If so, please say so! (-:

-- Asheesh.