[pydata-outreach-staff] Laptop setup guide, and questions

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Dec 14 00:47:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012, Vid wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
>> Status so far:
>>
>> * I pushed to
>> https://github.com/paulproteus/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/Laptop%20setup
>>

> I added your nick via the admin page but I suspect its a merge
> conflict - you are getting this error because my repo does not contain
> this page? Not sure, so I added a wiki page:
> https://github.com/svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/Laptop-Setup-Guide
> Can you rename your page, push and check what happens?

I did, and get the same error:

$ git push origin HEAD:master
ERROR: Permission to svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint.wiki.git denied to
paulproteus.

I've never seen merge conflicts relate to permissions, for what it's
worth.

Can you attach a screenshot of the admin page? I suspect something might
be wrong there, still, because I can't even push to
svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint.git.

>> * EPD Free doesn't include Cython, so EPD isn't a super helpful starting
>> point.
>
> Afaik, EPD does not include any non-python dependency. Those will have
> to be compiled by the user separately. <-- This is limited to only Linux
> environments. I dont own a Mac and dont use Windows so I dont know how
> EPD works on those systems.

*nod*

-- Asheesh.