[pydata-outreach-staff] Laptop setup guide, and questions

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:09:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
> Status so far:
>
> * I pushed to
> https://github.com/paulproteus/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/Laptop%20setup

I added your nick via the admin page but I suspect its a merge
conflict - you are getting this error because my repo does not contain
this page? Not sure, so I added a wiki page:
https://github.com/svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/Laptop-Setup-Guide
Can you rename your page, push and check what happens?

> * EPD Free doesn't include Cython, so EPD isn't a super helpful starting
> point.

Afaik, EPD does not include any non-python dependency. Those will have
to be compiled by the user separately. <-- This is limited to only
Linux environments. I dont own a Mac and dont use Windows so I dont
know how EPD works on those systems.

--
Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com