[OH-Publicity] OpenHatch booth at Scale

Deb Nicholson deb at eximiousproductions.com
Thu Jan 23 21:18:03 UTC 2014

The easiest way to capture contact info is digital. Either have people type
into a spreadsheet or form (easy), or do a bar code scanner which might be
expensive.

Maybe we could pass out a little postcard with a picture, a short paragraph
and a "more info" url.
Cheers,
Deb

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Continuing to brainstorm for the booth (and future booths)...
> - What about creating rip cards (at least, I think that's the term) for
potential OSCTC hosts and OH-affiliated projects?  People passing by the
booth could fill out the bottom with their name/contact info/campus (or
project), tear it off, and leave it with us, but take the shiny explanation
of OSCTC/OHAP with them.
> - I would like to have a computer set up so folks can browse openhatch.orgor use the donate page right there at the booth.  This shouldn't be hard to
pull off.
> - I am torn between wanting a monitor set up to display an endless loop
of delightful event photos, and wanting to print them out and put them
around the booth.  Opinions on which is better?
> - Will we have any shirts to sell?
>

> On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Carol mentioned elsewhere that she may be able to bring a large screen
for us to use at the booth at SCALE.  I'm not entirely sure how we'd use it
(screensaver of awesome event photos? demos of training missions?) but it's
worth brainstorming!

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, there are going to be at least three of us, so we can have more
than one person there at least some of the time.
> I wonder if Karen can make us a quick SCALE-themed Sufjan.  Maybe a
Sufjan hugging/playing with this dodecahedron (
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/sites/all/themes/custom/scale12x/img/scale_12x_dodecahedron.png
)?
> Mostly I just think Sufjan makes everything better.  :)
>
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Deb Nicholson <deb at eximiousproductions.com>
wrote:

> I will be at SCaLE, although I have not sorted my travel or other (read:
work) time commitments while there yet.

> In my mind two things are key for booth, 1) having 2-3 people staffing
the booth at any given time makes the booth much more fun and not a chore
which people definitely respond to, 2) plus standing and greeting people as
they shuffle by instead of sitting/hiding behind a laptop, avoiding eye
contact, etc.

willingc at willingconsulting.com> wrote:

> The secret ingredients were friendly and encouraging booth folks, a "you
can learn/do it" attitude, humility, and enthusiasm. Beyond that I honestly
don't remember but I can put you in touch with Sharon from that group.

> On 1/9/14, 10:36 AM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon wrote:
>
> Awesome!  Looking forward to seeing you again, Carol.  :)
> I have a bunch of stickers in my closet so we're all set with those.  Any
secret ingredients to what made Linux Chix LA's booth so amazing?

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Carol Willing <
willingc at willingconsulting.com> wrote:

> Shauna,
> I will be at Scale too. I'm glad you will be there :)
> It would be nice to have a space near Linux Chix LA (nice group and I
think they won most friendly booth last year). On the Saturday, there were
quite a few kids last year so stickers would be great.