[OH-Publicity] Open Source Bridge: talk proposals due today

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Fri Mar 16 21:26:31 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Fri Mar 16 17:23:58 -0400 2012:
> http://opensourcebridge.org/call-for-proposals/
>
> This is a really fun, community-driven conference in Portland, Oregon,
> June 26-29.
>
> Proposals are due today. Last year, I gave a talk on the openhatch.org
> training missions, and participated in a community panel. You can see
> that, and the other talks I proposed, here:
> http://opensourcebridge.org/users/810
>
> This year, I think it'd be great to have OpenHatchy talks on the following
> things:
>
> * Events like the Boston Python Workshop
>
> * Open Source Comes to Campus
>
> * Tips on making free software projects good for new contributors (things
> like "yay bundled dependencies" and "boo Vagrant")
>
> I'll get working on the above proposals -- find me on IRC to collaborate.
>
> Karen, I'd suggest proposing your PyCon talk on documentation (with Django
> as an example) for Open Source Bridge, if you haven't already. Open Source
> Bridge is a webdev-heavy conference, with lots of people interested in
> newcomers and education, so I think it'd be a great fit.
>
> Jessica, if you'd be interested in co-giving a "Diversity in Practice"
> talk for Open Source Bridge, similar to our PyCon talk, I'd love that. I
> think some slight adjustments would be necessary in the outline, and I'll
> sketch that out in a moment.

Also, Jessica, if you'd be interested in turning your PyCon poster on making
projects good for newcomers, including the Twisted High Scores list, into
a talk, that would like rule.

I'm drafting (slowly but surely) here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/open-source-bridge

others' drafts welcome!