[OH-Publicity] Open Source Bridge: talk proposals due today

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Mar 16 21:23:58 UTC 2012

http://opensourcebridge.org/call-for-proposals/

This is a really fun, community-driven conference in Portland, Oregon,
June 26-29.

Proposals are due today. Last year, I gave a talk on the openhatch.org
training missions, and participated in a community panel. You can see
that, and the other talks I proposed, here:
http://opensourcebridge.org/users/810

This year, I think it'd be great to have OpenHatchy talks on the following
things:

* Events like the Boston Python Workshop

* Open Source Comes to Campus

* Tips on making free software projects good for new contributors (things
like "yay bundled dependencies" and "boo Vagrant")

I'll get working on the above proposals -- find me on IRC to collaborate.

Karen, I'd suggest proposing your PyCon talk on documentation (with Django
as an example) for Open Source Bridge, if you haven't already. Open Source
Bridge is a webdev-heavy conference, with lots of people interested in
newcomers and education, so I think it'd be a great fit.

Jessica, if you'd be interested in co-giving a "Diversity in Practice"
talk for Open Source Bridge, similar to our PyCon talk, I'd love that. I
think some slight adjustments would be necessary in the outline, and I'll
sketch that out in a moment.

Deb, are you submitting something?

(others -- if you are too, or are interested, do say so!)

I'll write a proposal about Open Source Comes to Campus. To the extent
people want to join in on that as co-presenters, let me know.

I'm not quite sure what angle I want to take for the "Tips on making free
software projects good for newcomers" yet.