[OH-Publicity] BPW4 wrap-up: Publicity for the Boston Python Workshop

Deborah Nicholson deb at eximiousproductions.com
Tue Oct 11 18:10:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I like both the idea of doing more press and solidifying the name for
outreach purposes.

I think pithiness in the name should be our top criteria. If we hope
to do python workshops for other audiences, then we should leave the
reference to women out. Maybe the website would copiously use the
subtitle: Home of the Boston Python Workshops for Women and their
Friends.

Some ideas:
Python is Power! (Like knowledge is power? We could even be PIP for
short which is fun.)
Learning Python
Python Apprentice
Introducing Python
Programmers Encouraging Python (PEP, right?)
Friends of Python
Python Progress!

That's what I've got for now,
Deb