[OH-Publicity] BPW4 wrap-up: Publicity for the Boston Python Workshop

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 14:25:15 UTC 2011

Here are the publicity-related notes from the BPW4 staff wrap-up:

- publicity
	- do all the publicity
	- write a press release
	- a website is probably a prerequisite [Asheesh]
	- goal: 3 articles by the end of the month

Ladies Learning Code is really good at publicity:
- http://ladieslearningcode.com/
- https://twitter.com/#!/llcodedotcom

Also: we need a name, if we are going to have a website explaining the
workshop and packaging the material for others to be able to use it.
What should that name be?

Here are some example names, some more serious than others:

The Python Workshop
The OpenHatch Python Workshop
The Fully-Integrated Community-Growth-Oriented Python Workshop
The Python Workshop for Women and their Friends

Names of related outreach events, for comparison:

PyLadies
PyStar
Ladies Learning Code
RailsBridge

One question I have is if we want a reference to women in the name.
Doing so precludes us from having something like a "workshop for
scientists" under the name.

-Jessica