[Pdxpw-staff] notes on editor choice

Barbara Shaurette barbara.shaurette at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:46:08 UTC 2012

I'm such a slacker sometimes - I just finally got some instructions
written up for installing Sublime Text 2 on Mac OS X:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yGXTXRbwZKWkGrCpgx5LvAwpzNwQPrrGQ3zYHoTChNs/edit

I noticed something unfortunate as I was walking through the process -
Sublime Text 2 is only available for OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (Snow Leopard
or Lion).  One of the things I noticed about last month's event was
that a lot of people with Macs were using old Powerbooks or MBPs with
older operating systems, so I think those users will have to stick
with TextEdit or SimpleText.  The up side is that one or the other of
those editors should already be installed; the down side is that
neither of them has tab-to-space configuration.