[OSCTC-planning] suggestions & call for help for NYC-area short events in November

Carol Willing willingc at willingconsulting.com
Thu Oct 16 16:29:08 UTC 2014

Hi Shauna,

I met a wonderful person at GHC who works with the NYC Foundation for CS
Education (csnyc.org). Her name is Leigh Ann DeLyser and the foundations
mission is putting cs in front of all NYC kids. I don't have her direct
email but I think that she would be an amazing resource.

Carol

On 16/10/2014 09:18, Shauna Gordon-McKeon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On November 18th I will be leading a short event
> <http://blog.openhatch.org/2014/short-event-big-impact-open-source-at-suny-stony-brook/> at
> CUNY Baruch, and on November 19th at Per Scholas.  I will have the
> time/energy to do one more event in the NYC area, on November 20th.
> Does anyone have connections/suggestions to a NYC-area school?  I am
> looking primarily for a school that serves groups underrepresented in
> open source.  Ideally this school will have an activity department,
> club, or faculty/staff member who can continue mentoring after the
> project is over.
>
> Thoughts/suggestions?
>
> I am also glad to have fellow mentors/instructors at these events.
> You're welcome to come just to help, or because you want to learn how
> to give a presentation like this yourself. Send me an email if you're
> interested.
>
> - Shauna

*Carol Willing*
Developer | Willing Consulting