[OSCTC-planning] suggestions & call for help for NYC-area short events in November

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:18:38 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On November 18th I will be leading a short event
<http://blog.openhatch.org/2014/short-event-big-impact-open-source-at-suny-stony-brook/>
at
CUNY Baruch, and on November 19th at Per Scholas.  I will have the
time/energy to do one more event in the NYC area, on November 20th.  Does
anyone have connections/suggestions to a NYC-area school?  I am looking
primarily for a school that serves groups underrepresented in open source.
Ideally this school will have an activity department, club, or
faculty/staff member who can continue mentoring after the project is over.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I am also glad to have fellow mentors/instructors at these events.  You're
welcome to come just to help, or because you want to learn how to give a
presentation like this yourself.  Send me an email if you're interested.

- Shauna