[OSCTC-planning] spring event status update

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 22:16:01 UTC 2014

Asheesh and I came up with a list of 20 schools to contact about running
events this spring.  (We estimate we can do about ten events, and figure a
good portion of the ones we contacted will not be up for it.)

I sent emails to 9 schools on Mon 12/30.  Here's the status:

UIUC: wants to run an event, need to wait until school starts again to plan
RIT: wants to run an event, need to wait until school starts again to plan
OSU: likely helping a grad student run an event there, but not aimed at
students and likely not OSCTC-branded
BU: was interested as of a month ago, but haven't been able to get in
contact with them recently.

Haven't heard back from: Cornell, Western Washington U, U of Arizona,
George Mason University, CCSF.

Asheesh still needs to tell me who to contact at PDX.

My plan is to send follow up emails on Monday, and email the other 10
schools on Weds if I still haven't heard back from the other schools.

Now you know.  :)

- Shauna