[mpw-staff] Visitors! Instructors! TAs!

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 00:59:21 UTC 2012

Um, I did open registration... probably should have said something
about it, huh?  :P  Was just experimenting with how it would work with
the meetup website, and by the time I came back to check on the
experiment several people had signed up.

http://www.meetup.com/python-182/events/53792112/

I think most of the signups so far have been by IndyPy people planning
to volunteer - I need to ask Calvin how we can email to our
registrants to ask them stuff like, "Are you ?" "Who's your female
co-attendee? (for men)", "Will you need childcare?" - and, of course,
to send them reminders, schedule, requirements.

This weekend I absolutely will figure out our budget needs and a
specific sponsor prospectus....

- Catherine

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
>> The $400 has typically mostly gone towards lunch for the workshop
>> attendees and staffers -- is that already covered by LinuxFest or a
>> sponsor?
>

> Ah! I don't believe so;
>

>> Perhaps I should zoom out a bit and ask what the workshop schedule is.
>> Is this a 1 or 2 day event, and what in broad strokes is the workshop
>> structure? For comparison, this is a normal Boston workshop:
>>
>> Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: development environment + self-directed tutorial
>> Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in
>> Saturday morning, 10am-noon: lecture
>> Saturday lunch, noon-1pm
>> Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: projects
>> Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up
>

> That is effectively the schedule we're also targeting (Friday night +
> all-day Saturday) -- some of the hours may flex a bit to fit around the
> LinuxFest schedule, but that format seemed to work well for you, so (after
> some debate) we thought we'd go with the same.
>
> The debate is at http://kl1p.com/indypyworkshop4women, for the record. That
> should probably be merged into the wiki Real Soon Now.
>

>> Do you have a target workshop size?
>

> We have a cap of 40. Catherine, did we open registration yet? I don't
> remember doing this, so if we haven't, holla and I'll get us up on
> eventbrite posthaste.
>
> (And are almost there for arranging gratis childcare for all LinuxFest and
> workshop attendees, and have USB thumbdrives donated for attendees, and
> local IndyPy folks helping with recruitment, so... whoa, this is awesome.)
>
> --Mel

- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com