[mpw-staff] Visitors! Instructors! TAs!

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Mar 21 03:38:43 UTC 2012

> The $400 has typically mostly gone towards lunch for the workshop
> attendees and staffers -- is that already covered by LinuxFest or a
> sponsor?

Ah! I don't believe so;

> Perhaps I should zoom out a bit and ask what the workshop schedule is.
> Is this a 1 or 2 day event, and what in broad strokes is the workshop
> structure? For comparison, this is a normal Boston workshop:
>
> Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: development environment + self-directed tutorial
> Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in
> Saturday morning, 10am-noon: lecture
> Saturday lunch, noon-1pm
> Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: projects
> Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up

That is effectively the schedule we're also targeting (Friday night +
all-day Saturday) -- some of the hours may flex a bit to fit around the
LinuxFest schedule, but that format seemed to work well for you, so
(after some debate) we thought we'd go with the same.

The debate is at http://kl1p.com/indypyworkshop4women, for the record.
That should probably be merged into the wiki Real Soon Now.

> Do you have a target workshop size?

We have a cap of 40. Catherine, did we open registration yet? I don't
remember doing this, so if we haven't, holla and I'll get us up on
eventbrite posthaste.

(And are almost there for arranging gratis childcare for all LinuxFest
and workshop attendees, and have USB thumbdrives donated for attendees,
and local IndyPy folks helping with recruitment, so... whoa, this is
awesome.)

--Mel