[mpw-staff] Visitors! Instructors! TAs!

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 03:06:22 UTC 2012

> My guess is that we'll end up using most if not all of that for the
> BPW staffers coming in (or at least I'd say you folks are first
> priority; I've got food in my fridge I can pack for lunch and can
> pay the gas for my car out of pocket as my 'donation' towards
> getting MPW started).

The $400 has typically mostly gone towards lunch for the workshop
attendees and staffers -- is that already covered by LinuxFest or a
sponsor?

Perhaps I should zoom out a bit and ask what the workshop schedule is.
Is this a 1 or 2 day event, and what in broad strokes is the workshop
structure? For comparison, this is a normal Boston workshop:

Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: development environment + self-directed tutorial
Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in
Saturday morning, 10am-noon: lecture
Saturday lunch, noon-1pm
Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: projects
Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up

Do you have a target workshop size?

I am excited to be a part of this! Thank you Mel and Catherine for
driving this forward.

-Jessica