[mpw-staff] < 2 weeks out, checking in

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:31:34 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

My flight and hotel are booked, and I am excited to head out to
Indianapolis for the workshop! I wanted to check in on a couple of
things:

1) How are RSVPs going? You have 12 people signed up so far on
http://www.meetup.com/python-182/events/53792112/, some of which are
staff, with a target cap of 40. Where all have you advertised yet?

Continuing the braindump from my previous e-mail on suggestions for
places to advertise, have you reached out to:

- SWE-CI:http://www.swe-ci.org/?page_id=2
- SWE UIUP: https://swe.usg.iupui.edu/
- The University of Indianapolis compsi department:
http://math.uindy.edu/ (I don't know how far away the other UI
campuses are: http://www.indiana.edu/campuses/index.shtml, but maybe
they're worth reaching out to too)
- IUPUI Women in Tech: http://www.iupui.edu/~getwitit/
- Women and Hi Tech: http://womenandhitech.com/
- Girls in Tech Indianapolis: https://www.facebook.com/groups/83911236988/
- Women in Technology International, Indianapolis:
http://www.witi.com/center/regionalchapter/indianapolis/
- Association for Women in Science Indianapolis:
http://www.awis.affiniscape.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=279
- IUPUI Women in Science House:
http://science.iupui.edu/academics/women-science-house
- Girls Inc Indianapolis: http://www.girlsincindy.org/
- Tech companies in the area
- Tech bloggers in the area
- News organizations in the area
- Systers
- DevChix

2) Who is leading the Saturday morning lecture?

3) Are you doing the projects? If so, do you have 3 separate rooms
reserved for them to run concurrently? I also strongly recommend
having project leads do a full rehearsal run-through before the event,
perhaps at a pre-event staff meeting where they can get feedback.

-Jessica