[mpw-staff] < 2 weeks out, checking in

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 01:56:48 UTC 2012

Hi, Jessica!  Thanks so much for doing all that research to find these
targets.  I've been just awful at doing my prep work until just this
weekend (insert work whining here), and I've only gotten to a few of
them directly so far - I don't know what the IndyPy membership has
done on their own (though I didn't give them a good announcement to
work with until recently, either).

I'm going to go ahead and run down your list tonight, though.  I also
liked your sample announcement better than the one I'd been using, so
I'm going to borrow heavily from it.

Thanks!

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Jessica McKellar
<jessica.mckellar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> My flight and hotel are booked, and I am excited to head out to
> Indianapolis for the workshop! I wanted to check in on a couple of
> things:
>
> 1) How are RSVPs going? You have 12 people signed up so far on
> http://www.meetup.com/python-182/events/53792112/, some of which are
> staff, with a target cap of 40. Where all have you advertised yet?
>
> Continuing the braindump from my previous e-mail on suggestions for
> places to advertise, have you reached out to:
>
> - SWE-CI:http://www.swe-ci.org/?page_id=2
> - SWE UIUP: https://swe.usg.iupui.edu/
> - The University of Indianapolis compsi department:
> http://math.uindy.edu/ (I don't know how far away the other UI
> campuses are: http://www.indiana.edu/campuses/index.shtml, but maybe
> they're worth reaching out to too)
> - IUPUI Women in Tech: http://www.iupui.edu/~getwitit/
> - Women and Hi Tech: http://womenandhitech.com/
> - Girls in Tech Indianapolis: https://www.facebook.com/groups/83911236988/
> - Women in Technology International, Indianapolis:
> http://www.witi.com/center/regionalchapter/indianapolis/
> - Association for Women in Science Indianapolis:
> http://www.awis.affiniscape.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=279
> - IUPUI Women in Science House:
> http://science.iupui.edu/academics/women-science-house
> - Girls Inc Indianapolis: http://www.girlsincindy.org/
> - Tech companies in the area
> - Tech bloggers in the area
> - News organizations in the area
> - Systers
> - DevChix
>
> 2) Who is leading the Saturday morning lecture?
>
> 3) Are you doing the projects? If so, do you have 3 separate rooms
> reserved for them to run concurrently? I also strongly recommend
> having project leads do a full rehearsal run-through before the event,
> perhaps at a pre-event staff meeting where they can get feedback.
>
> -Jessica

- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com