[Foss-outreach-la] Welcome to the organizing group for open source outreach events in LA!

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:18:31 UTC 2014

Thank you to Murriel, Guru, Michelle for your introductions!  It seems like
there are a few different things we want to figure out:

* When would be a good time to run our first event

* Where we could host it

* Who we want to target the event at (college students?  high school
students?  women?  everyone?)

Regarding the first question, we could help you run an event as early as
mid-June, or some time during the summer or next fall. It depends on what
works for you.  For hosting, when we run events at schools we're usually
able to find a room through established procedures, but really the event
can be run anywhere that meets these criteria (
https://openhatch.org/wiki/OSCTC_space_checklist).

best
Shauna