[Events] some feminist tech-teaching resources

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 18 16:35:50 UTC 2013

"Making IT Our Own: Information & Communication Technology Training of
Trainers Manual" in English, Arabic, & French, from 2008:
http://www.learningpartnership.org/mitoo  Includes a set of personas
focusing on the Middle East, India and Brazil) and a concentration on
facilitation rather than teaching.  I think some of the "facilitation
techniques" are interesting ideas for exercises, like "put these steps
in order" and "stump the trainer".  Also check out "steps to assemble a
training" -- this might be useful for OpenHatchy organizers who want to
create new workshops.

Feminist Tech Exchange:
http://ftx.apcwomen.org/node/7 "Tips and Tricks to Incorporating FPT
Values in the Design of Your Training" (I think the only ones OpenHatch
events don't consistently do are "Create spaces within the training that
will allow participants to raise issues and ask questions anonymously."
and "have small group discussions".)

And some other FTX pages I haven't examined as much: a list of
gender-and-ICT resources http://ftx.apcwomen.org/node/6 and "FTX as an
approach to training": http://ftx.apcwomen.org/node/5

--
Sumana Harihareswara