[Events] analysis of UMass OSCTC sign ups

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 02:36:49 UTC 2013

the exception of a single Hampshire student and a single Amherst student,
all sign ups were from UMass (35) and Mt Holyoke (13).  Despite the
distance, Mt Holyoke students were just as likely as Umass students to
attend (54% for both).

Obviously given that Mt Holyoke is a women's college, their sign ups and
attendance greatly improved the gender diversity at the event.  If only
UMass students had been asked to sign up, we would have had 35 total sign
ups and 19 total attendees.  There would have been 5 women signed up (14%)
and 3 women at the event (16%).