[OH-Dev] oh-bugimporters refactor: in progress

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Tue Mar 27 19:22:37 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Tue Mar 27 14:28:05 -0400 2012:
> Hey all,
>
> At PyCon sprints and in the days after it, berryp and johnmorr added a
> Github bug download backend and refactored the bug import code into a
> separate Python package.
>
> I'm sending this email to clarify a few points:
>
> * This work totally rocks
>
> * It is partially deployed

An update:

* It is fully deployed.

* As of an hour ago, there was a crasher bug that prevented the bug downloader
  from even starting. That's been worked-around.

* It is running!

There are a few bugs in various tracker importers, and I'll be filing tickets
for them as I spot them.

e.g. http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue721

You'll see 'em here on OH-Dev. None are show-stoppers. The new, oh-bugimporters
code is chewing through bugs as fast as the Internet can send them to us! Go go
async I/O!

(Since I started it up again, about 20-30 minutes ago, it's already processed
more than 4,000 bugs.)

The only thing on my queue is to go chase down the copyright holders for
the code in oh-bugimporters, and ask them if they're okay with relicensing
under Apache License 2.0. I'll get to that sometime way in the future (although
if someone else wants to do that, that'd be pretty cool). I figure it makes
sense to have this generic library be available under a more permissive
license.