[OH-Dev] [issue664] Some bugs are in the "(overridden by custom parser)" project

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Fri Feb 3 22:35:36 UTC 2012

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

A quick visit to http://openhatch.org/search/ will show that the project called
"(overridden by custom parser)" has 111 bugs in it.

That value is actually not a real project name; it's something I use in the web
form when a project's custom BugParser subclass is supposed to override the
project value, but it does not.

The way to diagnose this problem is to:

* Look at the list of bugs in the web interface that are in this "project", and
figure out what the right project would be

* Make sure their /customs/ stuff is configured correctly for those projects

* Look at the BugParser subclass they're using, and make sure that they're
correctly creating project names.

Optionally, we could add an assertion to the backend so that all BugParsers
refuse to create projects with this flag value, and instead report an error.

messages: 2930
nosy: paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Some bugs are in the "(overridden by custom parser)" project