[OH-Dev] My Intro and Issue 505

Jacquie Flemming jacquelinehfl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 03:13:39 UTC 2011

Hello All-

My name is Jacquie, and I'm looking to contribute to openhatch.
I was re-reading the getting started page and it mentioned that the group
would be
happier if I introduced myself... so here I am :)

I have created a profile on the openhatch site as well. I'll be using irc
nick: jacquiesue
(i attended a previous release meeting using something else, however)

I'm new to python and django, but I am software engineer so not new to
programming.
(But new to web dev as well)
I'm a c++/c programmer on linux/unix platforms. I will probably be on a
Macbook however
for openhatch. I have attended 2 python project nights, and will be
attending more.

Now questions...

1.) I did a git clone on oh-mainline, and previously had the localhost
running. Once I've done
this, how do I keep in sync with the latest source code?

2.) I'm looking into http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue505, and wanted to know
how would I determine which files need to be updated? The example in the
ticket mentions one
example "

ghello-0.4.tar.gz, but the hyperlink for the resource is actually to
http://openhatch.org/missions/tar/downloadtarball. So if I wget the
address I have to re-name the
file.

" But how do I find the others that need to fixed?

-thanks, jacquie