[OH-Dev] Windows information for training missions (request for comment)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Dec 13 01:35:42 UTC 2011

Hey all,

As discussed, it's a priority to add more information to the training
missions web pages for Windows users. The missions all assume you have
some UNIX-y command line, and this totally baffles Windows users.

So here is what I propose. We should:

* Add text to /missions/ that says, "If you need help getting a command
prompt, read this!" and have text for each of Mac OS, Windows, and Linuxy
systems like Ubuntu.

* Each of those OS-specific links should go to a page that looks like a
training mission, but isn't quite as plot-driven and whimsical.

So given those goals:

* I'm attaching my proposed text changes for /missions/ as a git
format-patch (slash-missions.patch)

* I have proposed text for a Windows command line tutorial here:
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/cmd-line-windows

What do y'all think? I hope to get this live within 48 hours or so, and
will wait at least 24 hours before working more on it so that people have
some time to give feedback.

-- Asheeeesh.