[OH-Dev] Sun Dec 4: Boston OpenHatch Sprint, at MIT

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Tue Dec 6 22:38:23 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Thu Dec 01 13:04:15 -0500 2011:
> Hey everybody!
>
> Last month's sprint was a good time. Let's do another one.

That went well! Here's a quick summary of some things that happened:

* jesstess diagnosed and fixed some backend insanity in the tar
  training mission, and cleaned up the hints so they work on more
  OS X versions.

* armooo write a draft of a bug importer for downloading bugs
  from Launchpad.net projects, and discussed txango.

* jslootbeek finished and shipped a working implementation of
  a way to mark wannahelpers as contacted. Once we add a
  reasonable UI for this, it will address one of the long-
  standing complaints about the site. (-:

* jslootbeek updated the data snapshot tool so that it exports
  the public PortfolioEntry data and the TrackerModel-related
  data.

* jesstess and I discussed how we could improve the way we show
  how many mentors are available for a given task within the
  the volunteer opportunity finder.

* I fixed a long-standing issue where the profile_daily_tasks
  command would take more than a day to run and also hammer the
  database while it did so.

* I fixed a bug that paultag reported where the diff mission was
  being too strict in what it accepted (issue595).

Whew. What a day!

The venue worked out pretty well, too.

Thanks to Jessica (jesstess), Jason (armoo), and Jule (jslootbeek)
for coming out!