[OH-Dev] [issue627] Roundup Tracker import code should detect if a remote Trac instance requires special old_trac handling

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Thu Dec 1 19:08:53 UTC 2011

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

Right now, the bugimporters code for Trac has an old_trac field. This bug tracks
removing that field, and instead automatically detecting if a Trac instance is
"old".

"Old" is defined as follows: Some Trac instances do not publish all the metadata
about a bug on the bug page. For those Trac instances, which run a relatively
old version of the Trac software, we have to go crawling a bug's RSS feed from
the tracker to get hints about when it was created, etc.

It would be better if the TracTrackerModel contained no old_trac field, and
instead we inferred at crawl time if a Trac instance is "old"-style.

messages: 2747
milestone: later
nosy: paulproteus
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Roundup Tracker import code should detect if a remote Trac instance requires special old_trac handling