[OH-Dev] Twisted style advice

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Dec 4 16:48:21 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I talked with a Twisted developer a few weeks ago and he reviewed the way
we are using Twisted in the bug importer.

I'm attaching a file called "twisted_advice.py" which shows a more
idiomatic way to use Twisted for what we're trying to do.

If we switch to doing things this way, we can remove our "ReactorManager"
concept entirely.

That would mean less code, yay!

If someone's interested in radically cleaning up the way we use Twisted,
give this a read and/or find me as paulproteus on IRC.