[OH-Dev] [issue516] Can't change the name of a project after initial save (via manual portfolio adder)

aldeka bugs at openhatch.org
Sun Aug 7 06:44:01 UTC 2011

New submission from aldeka <karen at openhatch.org>:

If you enter in some FOSS experience manually, misspell the name (or use a non-
canonical name) and hit Save, you're stuck with an misspelled name. There's no
way to edit it after the fact.

To fix:

1.) Make the project name field autocomplete (to reduce typos in projects that we
already have recorded).

2.) Make the project name field editable after initial save. (Editing the project
that the experience is associated with, of course -- not the name of the actual
Project object it was previously linked to!)

With 2.), we should check if a project has zero people associated with it and
zero bugs imported. If so, it should get deleted, or at least made invisible.
(Otherwise we get a bunch of misspelled fake projects lying around.)

keyword: bitesize, usability
messages: 2263
nosy: aldeka, paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Can't change the name of a project after initial save (via manual portfolio adder)