[Ccsf-campus-staff] Open Source comes to CCSF

tbrother tbrother at mail.ccsf.edu
Fri Sep 5 02:51:07 UTC 2014

Hey Douglas,

Much of the skills learned are in our workshops are actively used across
the industry (Git, IRC). Many professionals who produce open source
software are well connected in the larger tech industry, thus the
connections made on September 13th will outlast their time here at CCSF.
Contributing code to open source projects is accessible to anyone and is a
great way to impress a potential employer as it shows technical prowess and
initiative. Open source projects offer both low and high hanging fruit for
students of all levels to grind their teeth on, allowing students of all
levels to participate and learn at their own pace.

We have not considered organizing any events involving a competition,
however I am sure there are many students in the Coders Club and at CCSF
who would love to participate in one!

Sincerely,

Tyler Brothers