[Ccsf-campus-staff] checking in

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:46:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Katherine Moloney
<kmoloney at mail.ccsf.edu>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> 1) I've created a spreadsheet for suggestions to improve the next
> iteration of this workshop:
>
>         http://tinyurl.com/ImproveTake2
>
> ...please add to this at any point, but especially as the workshop is
> happening.
>
> I created a tinyurl because I'll be sharing it with attendees too.  This
> is the 2nd iteration of OSCTC at CCSF, and ideally I'd like to see this
> become annual or semesterly event, eventually building an active group of
> open source contributors within our Linux Users Group.

Everything about this is delightful.  Just as a note, we have an exit
survey template we encourage you to customize and use:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10MzPOj5jVTbXPc-7zm_XB27aDXXG8MOZEbrdGHG-IJI/edit

It can sometimes be difficult to get a significant percentage of attendees
to fill it out.  At the most recent event, I had a lot of success by
talking about the value of feedback throughout the day and mentioning the
exit survey as an example of feedback/contributions.  There's a slide on
standard_slides.odp<https://github.com/openhatch/open-source-comes-to-campus/blob/master/curriculum/presentations/standard_slides.odp>(#5)
that I used, no idea if the slide itself had any causal role.

> 6) Nametags or no nametags?  If nametags, nametags for just the mentors
> (in order to distinguish them quickly for attendees), or nametags for
> everyone?

I strongly recommend nametags for everyone.  That makes it easier to take
notes on attendees to follow up with.