[Ccsf-campus-staff] Schedule

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sat Jun 29 04:45:59 UTC 2013

Notes to staffers about planning your day at the event:

If you're a lead teacher (Mark Holmquist, Tom Levine, Asheesh Laroia, Judy
Tuan), it's obviously essential that you get to the event noticeably
before your session starts.

If you're not a lead teacher, then you'll be a teaching assistant. That
will mean that you watch the lecture, and when students have questions,
they will raise their hands and you will answer their questions. So if you
arrive not at 9 sharp, but some time later, we will still be able to make
use of you.

As you can see at http://ccsf.openhatch.org/ the event is in "Multi-use
Building" room 140. http://www.ccsf.edu/Info/Map/ shows a map; 11 Phelan
Drive, SF, CA is a good approximation.

Here is the schedule for Saturday:

* 8:30am: Katherine and I will be there to make sure the room is in good
shape.

* 9 am - 9:30: Intro, breakfast, meet & greet, goal setting, laptop setup

* 9:30: (45 min) communication tools

* 10:15: Version control

* 11 (30 min) History & ethics of free software

* 11:30 (30 min) Career panel

* 12:00 Lunch (1h seemed long to me at JHU)

* 1:00pm Github demo (30 min or so, maybe up to 45)

* 1:30pm onwards, projects time, and we explain how that works

* 4:45pm: wrap up

* 6 pm: We should be out of the room so the janitors can close the
building down.