[Ccsf-campus-staff] Introducing you (our staffers) to each other

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Jun 28 23:23:37 UTC 2013

Hi everyone!

I wanted to write a quick note about each of you so you have a sense of
who each other are! If you want to add any autobiographical information,
open source participation, cool side projects, or any other information to
what we know about you, just reply to the list to this mail!

Mark Holmquist is a free software activist, programmer at the Wikimedia
Foundation, and has contributed to many free software programs, including
Minetest, Etherpad, and OpenHatch itself!

Sang Qiu is a student at UC Berkeley, studying cognitive science with a
focus on computational modeling.

Judy Tuan is an experienced outreach event organizer, primarily with the
Railsbridge Open Workshops in San Francisco, a builder of many fun
projects at hackathons including a 'reading Wikipedia over SMS' app, and
works professionally as a Ruby on Rails developer at Blazing Cloud.

Thomas Levine is a graduate of Cornell University, interested in scraping
the web and programming in Python, advocate for and user of open
government data, and prolific side project creator.

Asheesh Laroia is a Python programmer, event organizer, and non-profit
director, running OpenHatch. He also is a lover of electronic mail and a
developer in Debian, a large community of people who build a free software
operating system.

Larissa Shapiro builds and implements effective product management
processes for the project at Mozilla, and has worked in product management
at ISC, the organization that maintains one of the most widely-used parts
of Internet infrastructure, BIND. Her work at ISC included shepherding
Internet-wide teams to handle security issues responsively and
responsibly.

Ben Ross is an intern at Yahoo this summer, and is an experienced
programmer looking to learn more about open source and share his skills
with the students who attend.

Katherine Moloney is our host at CCSF, leader of CCSF Coders, is excited
to bring this program to campus and show students the steps beyond 'using'
and toward 'involvement'.

Greg Boyd teaches at CCSF about Linux and UNIX system administration.

Carlo Combes... I don't really know you! Hi! Please introduce yourself.
(-:

Shauna Gordon-McKeon is a writer, a teacher, a programmer and an
organizer, working with very little people at Parts & Crafts and bigger
people through OpenHatch. She'll be in the Boston area during the
workshop, but might pop into conversations on the mailing list.

-- Asheesh.