[Ccsf-campus-staff] Schedule: 9am vs. 10am

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Jun 28 22:19:50 UTC 2013

Katherine: do you want to start at 9am, or at 10am?

I think 10am is a better choice, but we've been broadcasting 9am a lot.
But I think it's still okay to go with 10am.

Here are two schedules that seem to pass muster:

9am start

* 9 am - 9:30: Intro, breakfast, meet & greet, goal setting, laptop setup,
maybe even writing exercise
* 9:30: (45 min) communication tools
* 10:15: Version control
* 11 (30 min) History & ethics of free software
* 11:30 (30 min) Career panel
* 12:00 Lunch (1h seemed long to me at JHU)
* 1:00pm Github demo (30 min or so, maybe up to 45)
* 1:30pm onwards, projects time, and we explain how that works
* 4:45pm: wrap up

10am start

* 9:45 am - 10:15: Intro, breakfast, meet & greet, goal setting, laptop
setup, maybe even writing exercise
* 10:15: (45 min) communication tools
* 11: (45 min) Version control
* 11:45 (30 min) Career panel
* 12:15 lunch
* 1 PM (30 min) History & ethics of free software
* 1:30pm Github demo (30 min or so, maybe up to 45)
* 2pm onwards, projects time, and we explain how that works
* 4:45pm: wrap up

I would vote for the 10am version. It shortchanges lunch down to 45 min
from 1 hour, but I think that is completely OK.

Penny for your thoughts? I might give you a ring to check in about this
shortly. Sorry about just getting to it now.

-- Asheesh.