[Campus-uvic-staff] Open Hatch Comes to Campus

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:01:38 UTC 2014

Heather wrote:

*Hi Emma,*
*Here are the answers I can supply at this time:*
*1.  How many computers do we have OR are students bringing their own – we
can supply 3. I’m concerned about the power situation in the room I’ve
booked – we can probably move to a room that has power and a wired
connection for each participant it just that those rooms are very large
(for 180 and 300 people). What do you think??*

It should be fine to just use a corner of a smaller room.  Alternatively,
if you can find extension cords and power strips, you can turn a room with
only a few outlets into a room with many outlets.  Up to you what the best
way to solve the problem is.

*5.  Who are my contacts (and what are their phone numbers for this day)
Laura and one CSCU rep, as well as Yvonne and Celina (I don’t know if I’ll
be there)*

What are Laura/Yvonne/Celina's phone #s?  (Feel free to ask them to share
it directly with Emma - I don't actually need to know, just wanted to make
sure contact info was shared.)

*7.  What supplies do we need that we don't currently have? (name tags,
pens for example)*

I recommend getting red and green sticky notes.  This is a great
feedback/help method I learned through Software Carpentry:
http://software-carpentry.org/workshops/operations.html#feedback

Are you planning to have anyone photograph the event?  We encourage it
(though of course do not require it).

- Shauna