[Campus-uvic-staff] Open Hatch Comes to Campus

Heather Croft - COSI AO cscao at uvic.ca
Thu Oct 9 22:23:13 UTC 2014

Hi Emma,
Here are the answers I can supply at this time:
1.  How many computers do we have OR are students bringing their own – we can supply 3. I’m concerned about the power situation in the room I’ve booked – we can probably move to a room that has power and a wired connection for each participant it just that those rooms are very large (for 180 and 300 people). What do you think??
2.  If students are bringing their own, I would like to include on the reminder email the option for 'prework'  in Laptop Setup<https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Curriculum/Laptop_setup> – OK  - Laura can you look after this?
3.  I have $ for pizza, but is someone coordinating the listed allergies with an actual order? I’ll do this – planning on ordering 10-13 larges from Villages and 4-doz drinks.
4.  If we have lab computers, can we ask for a specific setup (ie browser and other software be pre-loaded?).  Also do we need passwords ? I’ll get a wireless password.
5.  Who are my contacts (and what are their phone numbers for this day) Laura and one CSCU rep, as well as Yvonne and Celina (I don’t know if I’ll be there)
6.  Will I have a projector screen, or smartboard to connect to my laptop for presentation? Yes, but If you have a mac, please bring your own dongle **we need to remember to get a key to the AV cabinet
7.  What supplies do we need that we don't currently have? (name tags, pens for example)

Cheers,

Heather